Teodor,

This is happening because of the way that readTextFile works when it is
executing in parallel, which is to divide the input file into a bunch of
splits, which are consumed in parallel. This is making it so that the
watermark isn't able to move forward until much or perhaps all of the file
has been read. If you change the parallelism of the source to 1, like this

        final DataStream<String> linesIn =
env.readTextFile(fileNameInput).setParallelism(1);

then you should see the job make steady forward progress with windows
closing on a regular basis.

Regards,
David