Hi John,

Thanks a lot for opening the JIRA ticket! If you are interested in
contributing that to StateFun, I'm also happy to guide you with the
contribution.

On Mon, Oct 5, 2020 at 10:24 PM John Morrow <johnniemor...@hotmail.com>
wrote:

> Thanks for the response Gordon, and that FlinkForward presentation - it's
> been very helpful.
>
> I put in a JIRA ticket for it:
>
> I did find this page:
> https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-statefun-docs-release-2.2/io-module/flink-connectors.html
> and there are source/sink connectors for Pulsar (
> https://github.com/streamnative/pulsar-flink) - I'm guessing that's how I
> should approach using Pulsar as an ingress/egress?

That is correct! The `SourceFunctionSpec` and `SinkFunctionSpec` are a
means for users to bridge existing Flink sources and sinks to StateFun
ingress / egress.

The downside to that approach, is that even if you're purely using remote
functions, you'd still have to provide an embedded module to add ingresses
/ egresses this way.
Eventually it would be best (if we have several users requesting Pulsar) to
have native support like Kinesis and Kafka so that users can define them
textually in `module.yaml` definition files, but this approach you pointed
definitely works for the time being.

Cheers,
Gordon