Hey Timo,

Sorry for the delayed reply. I'm using the Blink planner and using
non-time-based joins. I've got an example repo here that shows my query/
setup [1]. It's got the manual timestamp assignment commented out for now,
but that does indeed solve the issue.

I'd really like to not worry about time at all in this job hah -- I started
just using processing time, but Till pointed out that processing time
timers won't be fired when input ends, which is the case for this streaming
job processing CSV files, so I should be using event time. With that
suggestion, I switched to ingestion time, where I then discovered the issue
converting from SQL to data stream.

IMO, as a user manually assigning timestamps on conversion makes sense if
you're using event time and already handling time attributes yourself, but
for ingestion time you really don't want to think about time at all, which
is why it might make sense to propigate the automatically assigned
timestamps in that case. Though not sure how difficult that would be. Let
me know what you think!

Best + thanks again,
Austin

[1]: https://github.com/austince/flink-1.10-sql-windowing-error