From: Reggie Quimosing <reggie.quimos...@gmail.com>
Date: Monday, March 15, 2021 at 3:14 PM
To: "user@flink.apache.org" <user@flink.apache.org>
Subject: Attach remote debugger to task executor

I'm running flink locally via ./start-cluster.sh, and submitting my job via
./flink run <class, jar, etc>.

I can attach a
debugger<https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__cwiki.apache.org_confluence_display_FLINK_Remote-2BDebugging-2Bof-2BFlink-2BClusters&d=DwMFaQ&c=qE8EibqjfXM-zBfebVhd4gtjNZbrDcrKYXvb1gt38s4&r=zKznthi6OTKpoJID9dIcyiJ28NX59JIQ2bD246nnMac&m=Ai6018huGWYJiegl-egD2Rf1MJd2EotSIe0Ube4Z2UA&s=rCH0NQlpYVfSUsv5YUzlkEjUi5YcIfPtKw3O0NnJR0U&e=>
 to the job client process using either:
export
JVM_ARGS=-agentlib:jdwp=transport=dt_socket,server=y,suspend=y,address=5005
or
env.java.opts:
"-agentlib:jdwp=transport=dt_socket,server=y,suspend=y,address=5005"

I can step through the main method of my job, but once my program gets to
DataStream.execute, the debugger does not follow. That code is now running in a
separate task executor process, and this is what I would really want to debug.

Any tips on how to do this?

Thanks,
Reggie