Hi All,

I am new to Flink, so forgive me if it is a naive question.

The context is:
We have a data streaming coming in, and we will use Flink applications to
do the processing or aggregations. After the processing or aggregation, we
need some approaches to visualize the results, to either build a dashboard
or setup alerts, for example, using Prometheus and Grafana.
However, after reading the documents (
https://flink.apache.org/flink-architecture.html and more links) and
examples (
https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-release-1.12/try-flink/datastream_api.html)
(
https://github.com/ververica/flink-training/blob/master/long-ride-alerts/src/solution/java/org/apache/flink/training/solutions/longrides/LongRidesSolution.java)
, *I am still not able to close the gap between Flink and a
monitoring/dashboard tool, e.g. Prometheus/Grafana. *

*The question is:*
*How are processing results connected/sinked from Flink to
Prometheus/Grafana? *for example, in the fraud detection example, how is
the account id = 3, send to Prometheus and Grafana, so that I have a
dashboard showing there is one suspected account? In the taxi long rides
example, how do I send the count of long rides from Flink to
Prometheus/Grafana?

I understand there are sinks (
https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-release-1.12/dev/connectors/).
However, I didn't see sinks for Prometheus.

Hope I made my question clear.

Thanks