Hello,

I'm totally new to Flink, and I'd like to make sure I understand things
properly around watermarks.

We're processing messages from iot devices.
Those messages have a timestamp, and we have a first phase of processing
based on this timestamp. So far so good.

These messages actually "pack" together several measures taken at different
times, typically going from ~15mn back in the past from the message
timestamp, to a few seconds back.

So at a point in the processing, I'll flatMap the message stream into a
stream of measures, and I'll first need to reaffect the event time. I guess
I can do it using a TimestampAssigner, correct ?

The flatmapped stream will now mix together a large range of event-times
(so, a span of 15mn). What should I do regarding the watermark ? Should I
regenerate one ? and how ?

My measures will go through windowed aggregations. Should I use the
allowedLateness param to manage that properly ?
(Note: I'm ok with windows firing several times with updated content, if
that matters. Our downstream usage is made for that.)

Thanks a lot for your insights and pointers :-)

Mathieu