Hi Prasanna,

It looks like the Kafka 2.5.0 connector upgrade is tied to dropping support
for Scala 2.11. The best place to track that would be the ticket for Scala
2.13 support, FLINK-13414 [1], and its subtask FLINK-20845 [2].

I have listed FLINK-20845 as a blocker for FLINK-19168 for better
visibility.

Best,
Austin

[1]: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FLINK-13414