Hi team,

We noticed that Prometheus metrics exporter exports all of the metrics at
the most fine-grained level, which is tremendous for the prometheus server
especially when the parallelism is high. The metrics volume crawled from a
single host(parallelism 8) is around 40MB for us currently. This is
due to *task_name
*attribute in the metrics generated by the engine being very long. The
task_name attribute is auto-generated from SQL job, and it seems it's
attaching all field names onto it.

We want to reduce the metrics volume by either drop task_name or at some
more coarse-grained level. But I cannot find any related documents about
this, any advice on that?

[1]
https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-release-1.13/docs/deployment/metric_reporters/
[2]