I'm having some trouble with using the Flink DataStream API with the Kafka
Connector. There don't seem to be great resources on the internet which can
explain the issue I'm having.

My project is here: https://github.com/sysarcher/flink-scala-tests

I want to I'm unable to use FlinkKafkaConsumer
(link)<https://github.com/sysarcher/flink-scala-tests/blob/main/src/main/scala/spendreport/FraudDetectionJob.scala#L42>
 which I want to try out.

I'm using IntelliJ Idea. The project was generated from the tutorial on Flink's
website<https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-release-1.13/docs/try-flink/datastream/#how-to-follow-along>

  *   The First problem seemed to be the provided scope as suggested here:
https://stackoverflow.com/a/63667067/3760442 ... Now, DataStream API (and the
example) seem to work.
  *   The current problem is that I'm not able to use the Kafka connector which
I'm looking to try out.

The following link was used to generate the project:
https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-release-1.13/docs/try-flink/datastream/#how-to-follow-along

This same question was originally posted here:
https://stackoverflow.com/q/68437215/3760442

Thanks in advance