Hey all,

I don't have much to add to the general discussion. Just a single
comment on:

    that we could adjust the bylaws for the connectors such that we need
    fewer PMCs to approve a release. Would it be enough to have one PMC
    vote per connector release?

I think it's not an option. This particular rule is one of few rules
from the bylaws that actually originates from ASF rather than was
established within the Flink community. I believe we do need 3 PMC votes
for any formal ASF releases [1].

    Votes on whether a package is ready to release use majority
    approval-- i.e. at least three PMC members must vote affirmatively
    for release, and there must be more positive than negative votes.
    Releases may not be vetoed*.*Generally the community will cancel the
    release vote if anyone identifies serious problems, but in most
    cases the ultimate decision lies with the individual serving as
    release manager. The specifics of the process may vary from project
    to project,*but the 'minimum quorum of three +1 votes' rule is
    universal.*

Best,

Dawid

https://www.apache.org/foundation/voting.html#ReleaseVotes