Hi Rommel,

That’s correct that K8s will restart the JM pod (assuming it’s been created
by a K8s Job or Deployment), and it will pick up the HA data and resume
work. The only use case for having multiple replicas is faster failover, so
you don’t have to wait for K8s to provision that new pod (which can be
potentially a decent amount of time, if the cluster is scaling up, etc.).

Hope that helps,
Austin

On Tue, Nov 2, 2021 at 4:36 PM Rommel Holmes <rommelhol...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> From my understanding, when i set Flink in HA mode in K8s, I don't need to
> setup more than 1 job manager, because once the job manager dies, K8s will
> restart it for me. Is that the correct understanding or for the HA purpose,
> I still need to setup more than 1 job manager?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Rommel
>
> --
>      Yours