Hi,

thanks Martijn for bringing it up for discussion. I think we could make the
discussion a little bit clearer by splitting it into two questions:

1. should Flink drop Gelly?
2. should Flink drop the graph computing?

The answer of the first question could be yes, since there have been no
changes for years. +1 for dropping Gelly.

But for the second question, I would suggest answering it with no or with
strategic yes and will definitely support it again in the near future,
because there are many use cases that could be solved by streaming/batch +
graph in a more elegant way. Afaik fintech companies have a lot of those
use cases[1]. It would be great if we could find a way to drop Gelly but
keep the graph computing ability within Flink's ecosystem.

Best regards
Jing

[1]
https://california18.com/the-ant-graph-calculation-is-upgraded-to-tugraph-and-it-won-the-2021-world-internet-leading-scientific-and-technological-achievement-award/2117052021/