Yun

Sender:Qihua Yang<yang...@gmail.com>
Date:2022/01/07 02:55:09
Recipient:user<user@flink.apache.org>
Theme:Flink rest api to start a job

Hi,

I found a weird behavior. We launched a k8s cluster without job. But includes
the jar A. I use Flink rest api to upload a dummy jar(actually it can be any
jar). Flink will create a jar id. Then I use rest api to start the job with the
jar A entry-class. But the jar id is the dummy jar id. Flink will start the job
from jar A. Anyone know why?
My understanding is flink rest api should start the job from the dummy jar,
because jar id is dummy jar id that I uploaded.
Here are steps what I did:
1. deploy a k8s pod contains working jar(testA.jar)
1. flink rest api upload jar, testB.jar, flink generate jar id,
2d6a9263-c9d3-4f23-9f59-fc3594aadf0c_job.jar
2. flink rest api to runJar with testB.jar id, but testA.jar entry-class.
3. flink start job from testA.jar

Thanks,
Qihua