From: seb <sebunderthe...@protonmail.com>
Sent: Monday, January 24, 2022 20:14
To: user@flink.apache.org <user@flink.apache.org>
Subject: Is Scala the best language for Flink?

Hi there,

I am getting started with Apache Flink. I am curious whether there is a clear
winner between developing in either Scala or Java.

It sounds like Flink is typically slower to support new versions of Scala and
that Java development might have fewer quirks.

What do you think? I have experience coding in Scala, but I am more than happy
to learn Java.

Thanks in advance for sharing your thoughts!

Best,
Sebastian