Thanks @Martijn for driving this! +1 for deprecating and removing it. All
the concerns mentioned previously are valid. It is good to know that the
upcoming connector template/archetype will help the user for the kickoff.
Beyond that, speaking of using a real connector as a sample, since Flink is
heading towards the unified batch and stream processing, IMHO, it would be
nice to pick up a feasible connector for this trend to let the user get a
sample close to the use cases.

Best regards
Jing