Hey Marco,

There’s unfortunately no perfect fit here, at least that I know of. A
Deployment will make it possible to upgrade the image, but does not support
container exits (eg if the Flink job completes, even successfully, K8s will
still restart the container). If you are only running long lived streaming
jobs, this may be acceptable for you, but makes it difficult to stop the
job with a final savepoint (since it will exit after completion).

What you could look into with the Job approach is building an upgrade
procedure that takes the final savepoint, allows the Job to exit, then
deploys a new helm release with the upgraded image and savepoint path. It
is more expensive, but may be more flexible.

Hope that helps,
Austin