hi, All.

I would like to upgrade the Flink version of several FlinkSQLs from 1.10 to
1.12. And I want to restore the state saved by version 1.10 on version 1.12.

After I look at the StreamGraph, JobGraph, Checkpoint and some other
related informations, I found these points that would cause the state can
not be restored.
1. The optimized logical plan has changed in some cases.
2. The structure of JobGraph has changed, and therefore the JobVertexID has
changed.

During the checkpoint recovery phase, JobManager looks for state through
the subtaskID and then performs compatibility checks. Therefore, I feel
that to restore the checkpoint, either to ensure that the structure is
unchanged, or to find the state of corresponding stateful operators.

Do you have any suggestions or experiences with state recovery during
version upgrade?