Ok so to summarize...

- Build my job jar and have the JDBC driver as a compile only
dependency and copy the JDBC driver to flink lib folder.

Or

- Build my job jar and include JDBC driver in the shadow, plus copy the
JDBC driver in the flink lib folder, plus  make an entry in config for
classloader.parent-first-patterns-additional
<https://nightlies.apache.org/flink/flink-docs-master/docs/deployment/config/#classloader-parent-first-patterns-additional>