Hi, vtygoss

> I'm working on migrating from full-data-pipeline(with spark) to
> incremental-data-pipeline(with flink cdc), and i met a problem about accuracy
> validation between pipeline based flink and spark.

Glad to hear that !

> For bounded data, it's simple to validate the two result sets are consitent
> or not.
> But, for unbouned data and event-driven application, how to make sure the
> data stream produced is correct, especially when there are some retract
> functions with high impactions, e.g. row_number.
>
> Is there any document for this preblom?  Thanks for your any suggestions or
> replies.

The validation feature belongs data quality scope from my understanding, it’s
usually provided by the platform e.g. the Data Integration Platform. As the
underlying pipeline engine/tools, Flink CDC should expose more metrics or data
quality checking abilities but we didn’t offers them yet, and these
enhancements is on our roadmap.  Currently, you can use Flink source/sink
operator’s metric as a rough validation, you can also compare the records count
in your source database and sink system multiple times for more accurate
validation.

Best,
Leonard