Hi,

1. What are the general usage scenarios of GlobalCommitter?
- GlobalCommitter is used for creating and committing an aggregated
committable. It is part of a 2-phase-commit protocol. One use case is the
compaction of small files.

2. Why should GlobalCommitter be removed in the new version of the api?
- As FLIP-191 described, there are many different requirement from
different downstream systems, e.g. Iceberg, Delta lake, Hive. One
GlobalCommitter could not cover all of them. If you take a look at the
SinkV1Adapter source code, you will see that
StandardSinkTopologies#addGlobalCommitter, which is recommended to replace
the usage of GlobalCommitter, is used to take care of the  post commit
topology.

Best regards,
Jing