Hey Marco,

Unfortunately there is no built in k8s API that models an application mode
JM exactly but Deployments should be fine, in general. As Gyula notes,
where they can be difficult is during application upgrades as Deployments
never let their pods exit, even if successful, so there is no way to stop
the cluster gracefully.

Is stopping your application with a savepoint and redeploying a workable
solution for image upgrades? In this way a Job could still be used.

@Gyula, how are JMs handled in the operator? Job, Deployment, or something
custom?

Best,
Austin