Thanks all, I'm using other labels instead.  Specifically, I'm using the
component label to select the pods I need for my networkpolicies.

- I agree that it would probably be best if flink k8s native did not use
this label.

- It would be nice if there was a common label applied to all pods created
by flink and flink kubernetes operator.  I tried to bikeshed one but didn'
come up with anything great.  The app label as is doesn't work because it
appends the helm release name.  something like 'engine: flink'?  Not sure.

Anyway, thank you!