We had issues like that in the past (e.g. FLINK-24923 [1], FLINK-10683
[2]). The error you're observing is caused by an unexpected byte being read
from the socket. The BlobServer protocol expects either 0 (for put
messages) or 1 (for get messages) being retrieved as a header for new
message blocks [3].
Reading different values might mean that there is some other process
sending data to the port the BlobServer is listening on. May you check your
network traffic?

Matthias

https://github.com/apache/flink/blob/ab264e4ab5a3bc6961a5128b1c7e19752508a7ca/flink-runtime/src/main/java/org/apache/flink/runtime/blob/BlobServerConnection.java#L115