Hi,
This exception is thrown because the number of checkpoint exceptions
exceeds execution.checkpointing.tolerable-failed-checkpoints, see [1] for
more details.
There should be other root causes about the checkpoint exception in your
JM/TM logs. You could check or share these.

[1]
https://nightlies.apache.org/flink/flink-docs-release-1.17/docs/deployment/config/#execution-checkpointing-tolerable-failed-checkpoints

On Mon, Jul 24, 2023 at 2:06 PM Y SREEKARA BHARGAVA REDDY <
ynagiredd...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Team,
>
> While running flink streaming. i  got following exception,
>
> Did you any one faced the issue?
> Check points are discarded with *reason is* NULL.
>
> org.apache.flink.util.FlinkRuntimeException: Exceeded checkpoint tolerable
> failure threshold.
>
>     at org.apache.flink.runtime.checkpoint.CheckpointFailureManager
> .handleTaskLevelCheckpointException(CheckpointFailureManager.java:87)
>
>     at org.apache.flink.runtime.checkpoint.CheckpointCoordinator
> .failPendingCheckpointDueToTaskFailure(CheckpointCoordinator.java:1467)
>
>     at org.apache.flink.runtime.checkpoint.CheckpointCoordinator
> .discardCheckpoint(CheckpointCoordinator.java:1377)
>
>     at org.apache.flink.runtime.checkpoint.CheckpointCoordinator
> .receiveDeclineMessage(CheckpointCoordinator.java:719)
>
>     at org.apache.flink.runtime.scheduler.SchedulerBase
> .lambda$declineCheckpoint$5(SchedulerBase.java:807)
>
>     at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:
> 511)
>
>     at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:266)
>
>     at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask
> .access$201(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:180)
>
>     at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask
> .run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:293)
>
>     at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor
> .java:1149)
>
>     at
> java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor
> .java:624)

> Please let me know, hpow to fix the issue.

Hangxiang.