Hi!

I think what you need is probably not the reactive mode but a proper
autoscaler. The reactive mode as you say doesn't do anything in itself, you
need to build a lot of logic around it.

Check this instead:
https://nightlies.apache.org/flink/flink-kubernetes-operator-docs-main/docs/custom-resource/autoscaler/

The Kubernetes Operator has a built in autoscaler that can scale jobs based
on kafka data rate / processing throughput. It also doesn't rely on the
reactive mode.

Cheers,
Gyula