Hey!

I don't know if anyone has implemented this or not but one way to approach
this problem (and this may not be the right way, just an idea :) ) is to
add a new Custom Resource type that sits on top of the FlinkDeployment /
FlinkSessionJob resources and add a small controller for this.

This new custom resource, BlueGreenDeployment, would be somewhat similar to
how a Replicaset vs Pod works in Kubernetes. It would create a new
FlinkDeployment and would delete the old one once the new reached a healthy
running state.

Adding a new CR allows us to not overcomplicate the existing
resource/controller loop but simply leverage it. If you prototype something
along these lines, please feel free to share and then we can discuss if we
want to incorporate something like this in the operator repo in the future
:)

Cheers,
Gyula