I guess your question is in the context of the standalone integration
because native session deployments automatically add TMs on the fly as more
are necessary.

For standalone mode you should be able to configure
`spec.taskManager.replicas` and if I understand correctly that will not
shut down the running jobs.
If you have problems please share your FlinkDeployment yaml and the
operator logs in a JIRA ticket.

In any case the native mode is probably better fit for your use-case.

Gyula