Hi JM,

The dependency is set here:
https://github.com/apache/flink-connector-kafka/blob/main/flink-connector-kafka/pom.xml#L50-L55

        <dependency>
            <groupId>org.apache.flink</groupId>
            <artifactId>flink-connector-base</artifactId>
            <version>${flink.version}</version>
            <scope>provided</scope>
        </dependency>

We expect that the non-provided dependencies will be embedded in the jar,
as they are required for the connector.

The 3.0 kafka connector could be deployed to Flink 1.17.0/1.17.1/1.18.0,
but the flink-connector-base could be different for these versions.
Other connectors might have a different support matrix, so embedding any
flink-connector-base dependency would be a bad practice.

I hope this helps,
Peter

Jean-Marc Paulin <j...@uk.ibm.com> ezt írta (időpont: 2023. dec. 4., H,
22:09):