The Apache Flink community is very happy to announce the release of Apache
Flink 1.18.1, which is the first bugfix release for the Apache Flink 1.18
series.

Apache FlinkĀ® is an open-source stream processing framework for
distributed, high-performing, always-available, and accurate data streaming
applications.

The release is available for download at:
https://flink.apache.org/downloads.html

Please check out the release blog post for an overview of the improvements
for this bugfix release:
https://flink.apache.org/2024/01/19/apache-flink-1.18.1-release-announcement/

Please note: Users that have state compression should not migrate to 1.18.1
(nor 1.18.0) due to a critical bug that could lead to data loss. Please
refer to FLINK-34063 for more information.

The full release notes are available in Jira:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12315522&version=12353640

We would like to thank all contributors of the Apache Flink community who
made this release possible! Special thanks to @Qingsheng Ren @Leonard Xu
 @Xintong Song @Matthias Pohl @Martijn Visser for the support during this
release.

A Jira task series based on the Flink release wiki has been created for
1.18.1 release. Tasks that need to be done by PMC have been explicitly
created separately. It will be convenient for the release manager to reach
out to PMC for those tasks. Any future patch release could consider cloning
it and follow the standard release process.

Feel free to reach out to the release managers (or respond to this thread)
with feedback on the release process. Our goal is to constantly improve the
release process. Feedback on what could be improved or things that didn't
go so well are appreciated.

Regards,
Jing