Hi Ganesh,

I tend to agree with Marco. However your 'feature request' is very loose and
leave much room for misunderstanding.

There are at least two scenarios for DI integration:
- DI for job setup:
  - we use spring for job setup, which
        - lets us use the same job structure for (at least) 4 scenarios:
streaming job, batch job for savepoint priming, savepoint reading,
transformation for complex schema changes -> savepoint writing
        - we also appreciate a very convenient integration of a layered
configuration by means of spring profiles
        - we can easily replace e.g. sources and sinks for test/local
develop/debug scenarios
        - however this can also easily be done without DI
        - our approach is public (Apache 2.0 license), if interested
- DI for Flink would probably be counterproductive for a number of reasons
(some guesswork here 😊 )
        - from what I see, the Flink code base is separated into two clearly
distinct parts: the public API, and the non-public implementation
        - Flink community takes great efforts to guarantee backwards
compatibility of the public API, which also allows for replacing the underneath
implementation
        - the private API mostly uses the Service-Locator pattern (sort of)
also to make it harder to introduce arbitrary changes to the architecture,
which would be hard to include into the backwards-compatibility-guaranties
        - if need be, in most cases you can change the non-public implementation
                - by implementing a set of replacement classes (quite tedious)
and wire them in, but
                - that forces you to re-integrate for every new version of
Flink (even more tedious 😊)
        - we've done so in select cases that were not of interest for the
general public,
- alternatively, if your extension use case is of public interest, it is better
to make a proposal for a change and negotiate agreement with the community of
whether and how to implement it
        - we've also done so (recent example: [1])

WDYT? What is your case for DI? ...

Sincere greetings

Thias