Hi all,

We are currently using Flink 1.18.1 (AWS Managed Flink) and are writing to
Kinesis streams in several of our applications using the Table API.

In our use case, we would like to be able to aggregate multiple records
(rows) together and emit them in a single Kinesis record.

As far as I understand, with the usage of the Async Writer it is not
possible to aggregate records (Table rows) together into a single record as
was possible previously with the Kinesis Producer Library.

I wanted to ask if anyone here has any suggestions of how to do this, or
perhaps if I missed it somewhere in the documentation? I was thinking about
moving the logic to use window functions (either in the Table or DataStream
API), but here I think I'd need to "close" the window based not only on
time, but also on record number. Anyways, any thoughts are appreciated!

Thanks,
Mike

--

Michael Marino

Principal Data Science & Analytics

Phone:  +49 89 7167786 - 14

linkedin.com/company/tadogmbh <https://www.linkedin.com/company/tadogmbh> |
facebook.com/tado <http://www.facebook.com/tado> | twitter.com/tado
<http://www.twitter.com/tado> | youtube.com/tado
<http://www.youtube.com/tado>

www.tado.com | tado GmbH | Sapporobogen 6-8 | 80637 Munich | Germany

 Managing Directors: Dr. Philip Beckmann | Christian Deilmann | Johannes
Schwarz | Josef Wenzl

Registered with the Commercial Register Munich as HRB 194769 | VAT-No: DE
280012558