Hi Alan!

I think it should be possible to address this gap for most cases. We don't
have the same robust way of getting the last-state information for session
jobs as we do for applications, so it will be slightly less reliable
overall.
For session jobs the last checkpoint info has to be queried from the JM
rest api, so as long that is available it should work fine.

I am not aware of anyone working on this at the moment, it would be great
if you could open a JIRA ticket to track this. If you are interested in
working on this, we can also support you but this is a fairly complex
feature that involves many layers of operator logic.

Cheers,
Gyula