We needed a feature in Httpsource wherein when a header in the request does
not match, a notification has to be sent back to the user who initiated
that request. We looked into the Multiplexing concept of Flume but it does
not throw a notification when the criteria fails, it just discards the
event. To support this feature, we have modified HttpSource class to
include this check and give back a notification whenever the header does
not match the expected value. In our case, we included a exception class to
throw the error. This feature we have implemented is working fine. We would
like to know if we can contribute this feature addition to the Flume
community as this can be useful for other flume users as well. Kindly let
us know.

Archana SR.