>> system

>> but

>> issue.

>> way

>>>We are going to need much more information that this.
>>>
>>>Most importantly are you serving the site statically or dynamically?
>>>(I assume dynamic since you mention Tomcat)
>>>
>>>In addition it would help to know:
>>>
>>>What kind of files are they?
>>>What are they generated from?
>>>Do you have any special processing on your system (i.e. a custom
>>
>> sitemap)?
>>
>>>Ross
>>>

>> Thanks for your time.
>>
>> 1) Yes, we are serving the site dynamically.
>> 2) The files are plain (xml) text files (xdoc), according to
>> http://forrest.apache.org/dtd/document-v20.dtd.
>
>OK that's the source format, I meant what is the target format (pdf,
html ro something else?)

Output format is HTML

>> 3) I do not understand the 'what are they generated from' but I guess

>> you mean which editor we are using. In that case: Eclipse.
>
>You already answered with 2 (I should make my questions clearer)
>
>> 4) Yes, but the page giving problems is not using them.
>
>Hmmm... you *think* it is not using them. Lets not rule it out just
yet, we may come back to this.

Agree, you never know. I will attach the sitemap, and the URL we are
using and that's causing us trouble is
http://rbtmain/docportal/vf-global-ue/downloads.html.

>It just occured to me your site is online, is it publically available,
if so a link to a problem page would help immensely.

Unfortunately not, it's an intranet site. However, I the error message
is listed below:
Message: null
Sender: org.apache.cocoon.servlet.CocoonServlet
Source: Cocoon Servlet
Request URI: vf-global-ue/downloads.html
Cause: Unrecognized file format.
request-uri: /docportal/vf-global-ue/downloads.html

Gerco