Addi said the following on 09/06/2005 20:39:

Maurice Lanselle wrote:

One more detail, also on the menu: the background-color on selected menu items. This "bold black on light blue" does not seem to be defined in the css:
#menu .menupagetitle {
       padding: 0px 0px 0px 6px;
       font-style : normal;
       border-style: solid;
       border-width: 1px;
       margin-right: 10px;
}
I would like to make it better match the rest of my color scheme. It is not horrible, but could be better.

The colors for the toolbox are in profile.css (two separate lines about 15 lines apart).

#menu .menupagetitle  { background-color: #12306C;}
#menu .menupagetitle  { color: #000000;}

That "selected menu items" box (menupagetitle) is referred to as the toolbox in skinconf.xml. Currently pelt's skinconf only has the background color (color name="toolbox") . If you are using 0.7-dev, I have a patch (http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/FOR-518) that adds the toolbox font to the skinconf for color group: Forrest so you can just change them there without mucking in the css directly if you use that color group.

I originally hacked away at the css files to get the colors I needed but then I figured out how to use the skinconf file to set everything except the toolbox font and then did the patch so that I don't need to edit any css files for my color scheme. (I do still edit the css to position the logo images the way I want with no searchbox to push the float:right to the left.)

HTH
Addi

Thanks for the clues! I should have known there was still a file I hadn't visited-- profile.css.xslt. Now I see that, as you say, for #menu .menupagetitle - Dialog font is used
 - toolbox backgroundcolor is used
I had ignored (commented out) these values in skinconf because they seemed useless. Now I have set them in skinconf and have the (pleasing) result I wanted without changing anything in profile.css.xslt or screen.css.

And I, too, edit the css to position my logo image near center!

Thanks,
Maurice
   <color name="toolbox" value="#BFFFDF" font="#000000"/>
   <color name="dialog" value="#E5D9E4" font="#BF5F1F"/>