Ferdinand Soethe wrote:

> What is required if I want to use XHTML as an input format.
> Just placing it in xdocs will not work, strangely enough if I do that
> with

> "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-strict.dtd";>
>   <head>
>     <title>Testdocument XHTML</title>
>   </head>
>     <h1>Testchapter</h1>
> processing xhtml.</p>

> I get a Forrest page with empty content area while calling the pipeline
> body-... will produce a clean looking document.
>
> Do I need to add a new mapping to the source pipeline, what else would
> I need to do.

Yes, i think that all you need to do is add a new entry
to the sitemap for that source type. Either to your
project sitemap or to main/webapp/forrest.xmap in the core.

SourceTypeAction (content aware pipelines)
http://forrest.apache.org/docs/cap.html

You ask what else. Well you need to construct pipelines
to get your content to match our internal format.
Perhaps re-use the html2xdoc transformer that is used for
handling the html sources.

Yes, the quicker we can go to xhtml2 as our internal format
the better. Then the sitemap would only need to do map:read.

Actually, this discussion would be useful as an FAQ,
to explain the power of this source type match method.

-David