The Travel Assistance Committee (TAC) are pleased to announce that travel
assistance applications for ApacheCon North America 2016 are now open! This
announcement serves as a purpose for you (pmcs@) to let members of your
community know about both ApacheConNA 2016 and about the TAC assistance to
attend. Could you please forward this announcement to your community,
along  with (if possible) information on how your project is involved in
ApacheCon this year?

We will be supporting ApacheCon NA, Vancouver BC, May 9th - 13th 2016.

TAC exists to help those that would like to attend ApacheCon events, but
are unable to do so for financial reasons. For more info on this years
applications and qualifying criteria please visit the TAC website at <
http://www.apache.org/travel/ >.   Applications are already open, so don't
delay!

*Important dates*...

   - CFP Close: February 12, 2016
   - CFP Notifications: February 29, 2016
   - TAC Applications close:  March 2, 2016
   - Schedule Announced: March 3, 2016

Applicants have until the the closing date above to submit their
applications (which should contain as much supporting material as required
to efficiently and accurately process your request), this will enable TAC
to announce successful awards shortly afterwards.

As usual TAC expects to deal with a range of applications from a diverse
range of backgrounds. We therefore encourage (as always) anyone thinking
about sending in an application to do so ASAP.

We look forward to greeting many of you in Vancouver, BC in May 2016!

Kind Regards

Lewis

(On behalf of the Travel Assistance Committee)