I just tried similar queries and get the following output
Option1:
struct(ID:1,linkedList:[ObjectA, ObjectB])
struct(ID:1,linkedList:[ObjectA, ObjectB])
struct(ID:3,linkedList:[ObjectC, ObjectD])
struct(ID:3,linkedList:[ObjectC, ObjectD])

If I add a distinct keyword then I get only 2 rows:
struct(ID:1,linkedList:[ObjectA, ObjectB])
struct(ID:3,linkedList:[ObjectC, ObjectD])

Option2:
struct(ID:3,empd:ObjectD)
struct(ID:1,empd:ObjectA)
struct(ID:1,empty:ObjectB)
struct(ID:3,empd:ObjectC)

Adding an order by I can get them ordered by ID and empty
struct(ID:1,empd:ObjectA)
struct(ID:1,empty:ObjectB)
struct(ID:3,empty:ObjectC)
struct(ID:3,empd:ObjectD)