As long as you start each member of your cluster, in parallel, they should
work out amongst themselves who has the latest copy of the data.
You should not need to revoke disk-stores that you still have. Since you
are only using replicates your temporary solution is safe as long as you do
pick the last one to write data as the winner.
If you had partitioned regions then it would not be safe to get rid of all
disk stores except one.

This issue may have been fixed. You are using 1.0.0-incubating. Have you
considered upgrading to 1.4?