From: Pieter van Zyl <pieter.van....@lautus.net>
Sent: 10 July 2018 12:09
To: user@geode.apache.org
Subject: Debug Functions on server via Idea...timeout

Good day.

This might be a weird question and I hope I am asking the right forum.

I am trying to debug a Geode function. I am running the server via Spring from
Idea and have a few breakpoints. The problem is that as soon as I hit a
breakpoint and investigate a few fields the server seems to timeout and I
cannot continue.

See this in the logs:

 Membership received a request to remove 192.xxx(23019)<v3>:1025 from
192.xxxx(GemFireLocator:31342:locator)<ec><v0>:1024 reason=Member isn't
responding to heartbeat requests

[fatal 2018/07/10 13:05:24.880 SAST <unicast receiver,pvz-dell-40480> tid=0x1e]
Membership service failure: Member isn't responding to heartbeat requests
org.apache.geode.ForcedDisconnectException: Member isn't responding to
heartbeat requests
[info 2018/07/10 13:05:27.987 SAST <DisconnectThread> tid=0x7b] Stopping
membership services

[info 2018/07/10 13:05:28.038 SAST <DisconnectThread> tid=0x7b]
GMSHealthMonitor server socket is closed in stopServices().

[info 2018/07/10 13:05:28.040 SAST <Geode Failure Detection Server thread 0>
tid=0x22] GMSHealthMonitor server thread exiting

[info 2018/07/10 13:05:28.041 SAST <DisconnectThread> tid=0x7b]
GMSHealthMonitor serverSocketExecutor is terminated

I was wondering if there is some setting on the Geode server or client that I
can set that won't timeout so quickly.

I have one locator and my server connects to that locator.

Not sure if anyone has tried to debug functions running on a Geode server via
Intellij Idea.....
Kindly
Pieter