On Sep 23, 2005, at 12:00 PM, lin sun wrote:

Made more progress!!  And Thanks so much AGAIN for your help!

The code below works very well, except that I had to use "private final char[] password = { 'm', 'a', 'n', 'a', 'g', 'e', 'r' };" instead to pass the compiler error.

Now got the following error. Am I getting the point where the missing security gbeans
on
 the app client blocks progress?

Yes, exactly that point.
  If so, do I have to wait for the security gbeans?  Any
alternatives?

You could try using the "NoSecurity" css/tss beans, removing the client CallbackHandler from the xml plan, and removing the reference to SecurityService from the CorbaBean in the ClientCorba plan. I don't know if it will work :-)

david jencks

E:\geronimo-1.0-SNAPSHOT\geronimo-1.0-SNAPSHOT>java -jar bin\client.jar org/acme
/MagicGBall/Client hi
11:47:57,972 INFO [ReadOnlyRepository] Repository root is file:/E:/geronimo-1.0
-SNAPSHOT/geronimo-1.0-SNAPSHOT/repository/
11:47:58,163 INFO [LocalAttributeManager] Started LocalAttributeManager with da
ta on 10 configurations
11:47:58,263 INFO [LocalConfigStore:config-store] Loaded Configuration geronimo
.config:name="org/acme/MagicGBall/Client"
11:47:58,273 INFO [LocalConfigStore:config-store] Loaded Configuration geronimo
.config:name="org/apache/geronimo/ClientCorba"
11:47:58,283 INFO [LocalConfigStore:config-store] Loaded Configuration geronimo
.config:name="org/apache/geronimo/Client"
11:47:58,413 INFO [Configuration] Started configuration org/apache/geronimo/Cli
ent
11:47:58,643 INFO [Configuration] Started configuration org/apache/geronimo/Cli
entCorba
11:47:59,214 INFO [CSSBean] Started CORBA Client Security Server - SSLClientCer
11:47:59,234 INFO [CSSBean] Started CORBA Client Security Server - NoSecurity 11:47:59,234 INFO [CSSBean] Started CORBA Client Security Server - SSLClientPas
sword
11:47:59,284 INFO [Configuration] Started configuration org/acme/MagicGBall/Cli
ent
11:47:59,304 INFO  [CommandLine] Server startup completed
java.lang.SecurityException: Unable to locate a login configuration
at com.sun.security.auth.login.ConfigFile.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.Class.newInstance0(Unknown Source)
        at java.lang.Class.newInstance(Unknown Source)
at javax.security.auth.login.Configuration$3.run(Unknown Source)
at javax.security.auth.login.Configuration.getConfiguration(Unknown Sour
ce)
        at javax.security.auth.login.LoginContext$1.run(Unknown Source)
        at javax.security.auth.login.LoginContext.init(Unknown Source)
at javax.security.auth.login.LoginContext.<init>(Unknown Source) at org.apache.geronimo.client.AppClientContainer.main(AppClientContainer
.java:129)
at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.FastMethodInvoker.invoke(FastMethod
Invoker.java:38)
at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanOperation.invoke(GBeanOperatio
n.java:118)
at org.apache.geronimo.gbean.runtime.GBeanInstance.invoke(GBeanInstance.
java:795)
at org.apache.geronimo.kernel.basic.BasicKernel.invoke(BasicKernel.java:
180)
at org.apache.geronimo.system.main.CommandLine.invokeMainGBean(CommandLi
ne.java:88)
at org.apache.geronimo.system.main.ClientCommandLine.<init>(ClientComman
dLine.java:50)
at org.apache.geronimo.system.main.ClientCommandLine.main(ClientCommandL
ine.java:37)
Caused by: java.io.IOException: Unable to locate a login configuration
        at com.sun.security.auth.login.ConfigFile.init(Unknown Source)
        ... 19 more