On Nov 18, 2005, at 8:52 AM, Richard wrote:

Thanks again David,

I apologize for not sending the cause the first time.  I scanned the stack too quickly and missed it.  It is below.  For some reson is is complainging my impl class does not realize my interface.  I'm certain it does. Also, I've looked several times to make sure I have not mistyped something.  I am assuming that the classes are all verified at deployment time.  I feel like I am missing something obvious ;-)

I added some printf's to my impl class and I see the setters getting called.  So I know it is the right type that is added to JNDI.  These beans do not need to implement any specific interface do they; as long as they implement the interface I prescribed in my connector I should be good to go.  Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.

Caused by: java.lang.ClassCastException: Proxy does not implement expected inter
face interface com.abc.Interface
        at org.apache.geronimo.naming.reference.ResourceReference.getContent(Res
ourceReference.java :61)
        at org.apache.geronimo.naming.java.ReadOnlyContext.lookup(ReadOnlyContex
t.java:220)

I think there are 2 possibilities: one is that there is an error in perhaps the ra.xml or the plan and the wrong interface is specified somewhere, and the other is that the interface is being loaded twice in 2 different classloaders.

Aside from just looking again, if you post the ra.xml and the plan I will review them. I think it's more likely that there are 2 classloaders involved. Is the interface in question in 2 jars, such as in the adapter itself and in the ejb jar? I usually find the source of these problems by putting a breakpoint at the source of the exception and carefully examining the objects and classloaders involved. I'll look into adding some more helpful analysis code that will provide more useful information.