Try setting parentId="geronimo/j2ee-system/1.0/jar"

The uris for parents and dependencies changed format shortly before 1.0.

On Jan 11, 2006, at 11:43 PM, Alex Andrushchak wrote:

Sorry, I've forget to attach files.

Hi!

I've created my test service and deployment plan but can't deploy it
into geronimo.
There is error message:
D:\local\geronimo-1.0>ar bin/deployer.jar deploy queryphone- service.jar
queryphone-service-plan.xml
Username: system
Password:

   Error: Unable to distribute queryphone-service.jar: Unable to load
   first parent of configuration
   com/dekasoft/logicland/service/SpiderService

       No configuration with id: org/apache/geronimo/System

Deployemnt plan and source of service is attached.
Is it possible to get intruction how to deploy custom service to geronimo. I've read article about Custom quartz service but it use maven for build
and deployment.
It is not clear what is going on under cover.

Thanks!

Best regards,
Alex Andrushchak

<configuration
    xmlns="http://geronimo.apache.org/xml/ns/deployment-1.0";
    parentId="org/apache/geronimo/System"
    configId="com/dekasoft/logicland/service/SpiderService">

    <gbean class="com.dekasoft.logicland.service.SpiderService">
    </gbean>

</configuration>/*
 * $Id: ORBService.java 1396 2005-12-21 17:23:05Z alex $
 */

package com.dekasoft.logicland.service;

import org.apache.commons.logging.Log;
import org.apache.geronimo.gbean.GBeanInfo;
import org.apache.geronimo.gbean.GBeanInfoBuilder;
import org.apache.geronimo.gbean.GBeanLifecycle;

public class SpiderService
    implements GBeanLifecycle
{

    public static final GBeanInfo GBEAN_INFO;

    static {
GBeanInfoBuilder infoFactory = new GBeanInfoBuilder ("SpiderService",
                SpiderService.class);
        GBEAN_INFO = infoFactory.getBeanInfo();
    }

    public static GBeanInfo getGBeanInfo() {
        return GBEAN_INFO;
    }

    private Log logger = null;

    public SpiderService() {
        logger = LogFactory.getLog(SpiderService.class);
    }

    public void doFail() {
        logger.info("SpiderService.doFail");
    }

    public void doStart() throws Exception {
        logger.info("SpiderService.doStart");
    }

    public void doStop() throws Exception {
        logger.info("SpiderService.doStop");