Is this part of a test to see if the JDOHelper jndi lookup works?  If so, you can definitely use our ReadOnlyContext, although you will have to "bind" differently.  I think we have a read-write context also, but it hasn't been used much lately.  Also I think it is pretty easy to write an even simpler jndi context that would work just for a test.  If we know a bit more about what you need we can give you better suggestions ;-)