On Jan 16, 2006, at 11:09 AM, Ken McArthur wrote:

Hi,

Pardon my ignorance but I've recently migrated to geronimo. Setup was surprisingly easy and everything works fine except for email. I've read about a javamail implementation that was included starting with version 1.0. I'd prefer to use it over Sun's implementation in activation.jar and mail.jar. Other posts reference org.apache.geronimo.mail.SMTPTransportGBean but this doesn't exist in the repository. My question is where is it or where can I get it?

I think you can turn it on in 1.0 by looking in $GERONIMO_HOME/var/ config.config.xml for the configuration
    <configuration name="geronimo/javamail/1.0/car" load="false">
        <gbean name="SMTPTransport">
            <attribute name="host">localhost</attribute>
            <attribute name="port">25</attribute>
        </gbean>
    </configuration>

and changing load="true" while geronimo is stopped.

Due to GERONIMO-1455 this is a little harder to do from the admin console: you can "start" the configuration, but to actually get it to fully start you need to
shutdown and restart geronimo.

There are some bugs with our javamail implementation, but feedback would be welcome :-)

Ken