From: Vamsavardhana Reddy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: user@geronimo.apache.org
Sent: Tuesday, 7 August, 2007 3:40:08 PM
Subject: Re: the newest available dependencies - <dependency><version> question

Oops... that bombs.  If I have 1.2 and 1.15, 1.15 gets selected.  Can you
create a JIRA.  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GERONIMO

Thanks and regards,

Vamsi

On 8/7/07, Vamsavardhana Reddy <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Which version of Geronimo are you using?  Can you post a testcase?  With
Geronimo 2.0, I am noticing that if I don't specify the version in dependency,
it is selecting the latest version from repository.  I have used versions
1.0 and 1.1 in my verification.

Thanks and regards,
Vamsi

On 8/7/07, Xh <
[EMAIL PROTECTED]
> wrote:

Hi All!

I was wondering if there is a way I can point to Apache Geronimo that I want
the newest version of given dependency?

I have few versions of my "commons" libraries and I thought it would be very
nice feature if I wouldn't have to change my <dependency><version> and redeploy
whole application each time I change something in my commons libraries.

I've deployed successfully my app with:

<dependency>
                <groupId>dataweaver</groupId>
                <artifactId>dataweaver-commons</artifactId>

 <type>jar</type>
</dependency>

(so I guess that <version> element is not required)

added new method (getVersion) to the one of my classes.

when running the result:

java.lang.NoSuchMethodError:
org.xh.dataweaver.common.utils.StringUtils.getVersion()

when I add the <version> element:

<dependency>
                <groupId>dataweaver</groupId>

                <artifactId>dataweaver-commons</artifactId>
                <version>1.15</version>
                <type>jar</type>
</dependency>

StringUtils.getVersion

() works fine.

So, is there any way I can point to
 AG that I want the newest available dependencies?

thanks and regards
Lukasz

Yahoo! Mail is the world's favourite email. Don't settle for less,

sign up for your free
account today.

your free account today
http://uk.rd.yahoo.com/evt=44106/*http://uk.docs.yahoo.com/mail/winter07.html