Those descriptions from the Spring API  doc should help you
--->
OracleLobHandler (Spring Framework API 2.5)

LobHandler<../../../../../org/springframework/jdbc/support/lob/LobHandler.html>implementation
for Oracle databases. Uses proprietary API to create
oracle.sql.BLOB and oracle.sql.CLOB instances, as necessary when working
with Oracle's JDBC driver. Note that this LobHandler requires Oracle JDBC
driver 9i or higher!

While most databases are able to work with
DefaultLobHandler<../../../../../org/springframework/jdbc/support/lob/DefaultLobHandler.html>,
Oracle just accepts Blob/Clob instances created via its own proprietary
BLOB/CLOB API, and additionally doesn't accept large streams for
PreparedStatement's corresponding setter methods. Therefore, you need to use
a strategy like this LobHandler implementation.

Needs to work on a native JDBC Connection, to be able to cast it to
oracle.jdbc.OracleConnection. If you pass in Connections from a connection
pool (the usual case in a J2EE environment), you need to set an appropriate
NativeJdbcExtractor<../../../../../org/springframework/jdbc/support/nativejdbc/NativeJdbcExtractor.html>to
allow for automatical retrieval of the underlying native JDBC
Connection.
LobHandler and NativeJdbcExtractor are separate concerns, therefore they are
represented by separate strategy interfaces.

Coded via reflection to avoid dependencies on Oracle classes. Even reads in
Oracle constants via reflection because of different Oracle drivers
(classes12, ojdbc14) having different constant values! As this LobHandler
initializes Oracle classes on instantiation, do not define this as
eager-initializing singleton if you do not want to depend on the Oracle JAR
being in the class path: use "lazy-init=true" to avoid this issue.

<---