It might be a defect in Geronimo, turn off the authentication cache should
work around this, usually, Tomcat would cache the principle with the
session, so it did not need to authenticate the users each time, but
Geronimo's customzied principal did not follow Tomcat's cluster rule. So
which Geronimo version did you use ? 2.1.4 or 2.2 ?