yes the maven default target is install... the parent project object
manager ensures that your dependencies are copied from the local .m2 repos
to the relevant /lib directory.
If you are adding Gora code  + module to your project pom.xml you don't
need to declare individual Gora dependencies right now as By default we
will pull these.
In all honesty I am not keen on this... I  don't know what others think...
as it is expensive.
hth
Best
Lewis

On Thursday, August 15, 2013, Sznajder ForMailingList <
bs4mailingl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks
>
> Compiling by
> 'mvn'
> and not by
> 'mvn clean compile'
>
> solved the problem
>
> Benjamin
>

> On Wed, Aug 14, 2013 at 2:44 PM, Emir Munoz <emir.mu...@deri.org> wrote:
>>
>> Hi Benjamin,
>>

>> For me seems that you didn’t build the project using maven (i.e., mvn
clean install). Hence, you probably have an empty gora-tutorial/lib/ folder.

http://gora.apache.org/current/tutorial.html

>> When reaching the section Compiling Avro schemas, the command
>>

>> $ bin/gora goracompiler
>>

>> returns me:
>>
>> -bash-4.1$ bin/gora goracompiler
gora-tutorial/src/main/avro/pageview.json gora-tutorial/src/main/java/
org/apache/avro/Schema
>>         at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredMethods0(Native Method)
>>         at java.lang.Class.privateGetDeclaredMethods(Class.java:2451)
>>         at java.lang.Class.getMethod0(Class.java:2694)
>>         at java.lang.Class.getMethod(Class.java:1622)
>>         at
sun.launcher.LauncherHelper.getMainMethod(LauncherHelper.java:494)
>>         at
sun.launcher.LauncherHelper.checkAndLoadMain(LauncherHelper.java:486)

--
*Lewis*