Hi Nick,

my intention was to administrate guacamole without using the client
interface. With an console utility you can do much more things like
- monitoring the usage in realtime (Nagios)
- automatically kill a session running longer than x minutes ...
- showing the current login's in another application
- ...

you are more flexible to implement such things, with such an console program.

best regards,
  Michael